Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Sweet Separation Pangs of Ma Mehengiba

Mother Devhuti had adored her son Kapil Muni like God and there by attained the supreme state. Mother Mehengiba had the same adoration as Mother Devhutiwith unwavering faith ad unparalleled Guru Bhatia to pujya Bapuji. With her guileless and immaculate devotion she would often be able to imbibe Bapuji Knowledge and love.
When Ma Mehengiba affectionately addressed as Amma, lived a Hmmatnager Ashram Pujya Bapuji had a brief Sojourn in Hmmatnager Ashram to live in solitude. He generally used to meet Ammabefore going to His room after having His long walks. Amma too used to be eager for his Darshan. She would keep the chair ready for Him would call out, O Merciful Lord come and sit here for a while at least.”
Pujya Bapuji had to leave Hmmatnager for Haridwar. He used to mmet Amma before going any anywhere but in those days amma craving for Guru Darshan had intensified to such an extent that even it for day she should not meet him she used to become bewildered. There fore at that time Bapuji left with out meeting. Amma fearing that she would be very sad to know of Bapuji departure.
In spite of Pujya Bapuji being in Haridwar, Amma used to have Bapuji Darsahan in person everyday. Now he was playing with her and now coaxing her to chat Hart hair Bol”or marking her laughs lifting the hands above her shoulders. Amma attendant never saw Bapuji going away after his usual walk without meeting her. Thinking that Bapuji was displaced with her, she becomes extremely upset suffering pangs of separation.
In this emotionally distressed started calling out lord of Lords, O compassionate one My Guru My son You are sitting here in the room in front of me but still you not blessing me with a Darshan What are you separated form me? Why have you deserted me?
On the third day she was extremely sad and started crying out, Bapuji told me Mother wherever you are I will search you out. Then why are you not coming?
Now Amma started weeping bitterly. Her pain of separation form pujya Bapuji crossed all limits.
Amma started saying, “Take me to him or else call him here. I will die without him.
How could the Antaryanm Bapuji be unaware of the devotee’s while amma was uttering these worlds a call was received form Bapuji instructing Amma to proceed to Ahmedabad where Bapuji too would arrive leaving hardwar.
It is truly said.
‘When a true devotee a calls out
The prayer springing form a pure heart
It is instantly received by the ears of
God who loves his devotes.”
Amma was overwhelmed on having the Darshan of Bapuji in ahead; Let me be a sacrifice to you my Lord I was crying since morning. If I had not seen you I wonder what would have happened.
Bapuji said it occurred to me that Amma was remembering me. When I enquired on phone I came to know that my beloved mother was crying. There fore I immediately left Haridwar wand reached here.”
Then taking Bapuji hand in hers Amma asked what your name is?”
“Asaram.
No
Asu
No”.
“Hasmukh (Bapuji nickname in his childhood in His childhood.)
“No My goodness I have forgotten your name I called you by many names today but you did not came. You only tell me by what name should I address you so that you would come.”
Beholding the intensity of the love Bapuji was greatly pleased with her. He wanted to give away his treasure of Brahmajunan to her and said, I am Brahman supreme consciousness and so is Amma.”
Amma agreed yes.
Blessed is the intense love of Amma on account of which she could gain knowledge of Brahman playful and effortlessly.
Bapuji says Amma has outdone me. After several hundred thousands of years, history has obliged me. Nay my mother, who made a history, has obliged me beholding Guru in me her son. I used to mislead he but she refused to be lad astray.
I am satisfied that I was born to such a compassionate austere mother and also that towards the end I could be of some service to her and thus repays a little bit of my debt to her.”
The Purest Repentance
This is an incident form Gandhiji boyhood. Gandhiji brother had run into a Debt of about twenty five rupess.He had on his arm a bracelet of solid gold. The two bother clipped a bit out of it and cleared the debt. Gandhiji too was involved in the theft andtherfore he could not bear it. He could in no way muster courage to hide his wrong. Finally he made up his mind to confess it to his father. He immediately wrote a letter addressing his father honestly confessing his gilt and asked for adequate punishment and pledged never to steal in future. He handed the confessed to his father an sat opposite him bowing his bowing his head like a criminal. His father read it through and tears tricked down his cheeks. Wetting the paper. For a moment he closed his eyes in thought and then rare up the later. Gandhiji too cried seeing his father’s agony. The tears hit his heart like arrows of love and he learnt a new object lesson, “A clean confession combined with a promise never to commit the sin again when offered before one who has the right to receive it is the purest type of repentance.”

No comments: