Thursday, May 28, 2009

Instant De-addiction

I had been addicted to gutkha for the last four years. I made a number of attempts to quit this bad habit but to no avail. One day I bought a register from the ashram stall to maintain the accounts for my shop. The register contains Pujya Bapuji’s message to young men like me, who are addicted to gutkha. The message also explains, indetail, the ill effects of chewing gutkha. I read the message several time. By God! Bapuji! I am telling You the truth! God alone knows how I managed to quit this evil habit from that very day. I was amazed by this miracle. I struggled for years to quit this bad habit and I abandoned it instantly! Right then and there I resolved to quit that bad habit for the rest of my life.

I seek Pujya Bapuji’s blessings to carry out some useful work for the society.

Pujya Gurudev initiated me in Saraswatya Mantra in December 1999 at Bhatapara (Chhattisgarh). Thereafter I used to practice japa, pranayama and meditation regularly by which I received tremendous benefits. In 2002, I appeared for my class XII examination. With Pujya Bapuji’s grace and the power of Saraswatya Mantra I secured 84.60% marks.

Pujya Gurudev initiated me in Saraswatya Mantra in 1998 at the students’ camp in Sonepat. After initiation, by virtue of the Mantrajapa, I became so sharp-minded and self reliant that I left my tuitions within a month and independently worked hard. I even started going to school on foot, thus saving school bus fares as well. By the divine grace of Saraswatya Mantra, I stood 1st in IX, X and XI standards. In XII standard, I was sick at the time of examinations and could not perform japa of the mantra properly, yet I got 79% marks. After that, I have even cleared my Engineering examination.

An Incident that Took Place on 13th of March ’03

We purchased the March 2003 issue of ‘Rishi Prasad’ at the Ghatkopar station. Thereafter at 8.15 A.M., in order to reach Thane we boarded a train that plies between C.S.T. station and Karjat. But suddenly we recollected that our tickets to Surat had not been confirmed, and we wanted to go to Surat t attend the Holi Shivir at any cost. We had a fervent desire for the darshan and satsang of Pujya Gurudev. Thereafter, we got off the train in order to get our Surat tickets confirmed.

Later on, we came to know that there had been a powerful bomb blast in that train, that too in the very same coach that we had boarded. Some ladies had died and some others were wounded. How wonderful is Gurudev’s grace! Even after boarding the train, we got down in time.

The firm determination to have Gurudev’s darshan and the ‘Rishi Prasad’ magazine which had two photograph of Gurudev somehow inspired us to safety, with the confirmation of ticket to Surat being just an instrumental cause.

No comments: