Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Whatever I got, I got from You may Satguru!

Thousands of salutations at Pujya Bapuji’s feet!

When I was a child, my mother showed my photograph to Pujya Bapuji at Hissar. Bapuji blessed the photograph by placing His hand on it. It was as if Pujya Bapuji had placed His hand on my forehead and blessed me. Form that day onwards, my life was constantly on a forward march. Event at that small age, I mentally took Bapuji as my Guru. In 1998, at the age of just seven years, a long with my brother got initiated in the Saraswatya Mantra. Regular jap of the mantra started producing results slowly but surely. I not only used to get good marks in exams, I used to get first prize in whichever music competition I participated in. even after coming to Mumbai, I continued to participate in competitions and win prizes. In the year 2001 I won a special prize in a competition organized at Star TV. In the year 2004, I won first prize after clearing several rounds in Ghazal-Sara, a competition for Urdu Ghazals on E-TV. In 2006 I won the ‘Baal-Shri’ prize from Government of India, which is the highest honour for children up to 16 years.

In November 2007 I was invited to the children’s judge committee in the 15th international Children’s Film Festival, Hyderabad as a child artist. I was the only one from the rest of India to join the four child artists from Andhra Pradesh. Then came the ‘Indian Idol-4’ in 2008-09. pujya Bapuji’s grace can be seen from the fact that I was selected in auditions on Thursday and after the last lap of Theatre Round, I was selected to form part of the Top-30 on the day of Guru-Purnima. The remaining sessions depended on public voting. Without any regional or political backing I reached the Top-6. This can be attributed to nothing but Guru’s grace. The judges and eminent personalities from the world of singing praised me heartily. This is all due to Gurudev’s blessing and Guru-Diksha.

I won big awards and earned fame in the world of singing but it is now that I have realized the futility of life without spiritual peace. There is one eminent position over another in the society. The Prime Minister’s post is the highest of all. All my achievement are small compared to the posts of Prime Minister and President, but the post of Indra is greater than all the posts of the world. The state of Self-realization is greater than even the post of Indra. Our Guruji, who has attained that State, is leading us there. We must engage ourselves in His diving endeavours to awaken our divinity. We should take part in his divine words, without getting entangled in the glamour of our trivial material achievement, to realize our Self, that is how I feel. Morarjibhai Desai found that the pleasures of the post of Prime Minister were trivial as compared to the spiritual peace, which he experienced at the feet of Raman Maharshi. Fortunate are those who are engaged in the divine works of Bapuji. I pray to God not to allow me to be entangled in this world of singing and music. Blessed are those like Meera and Shabari, who attain elevation at the feet of the Guru. May we too be blessed in that manner.

No comments: