Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am not tired; I am here to relieve people of tiredness

At times, my eyes become wet with emotion. People with perverse mentality gleefully announce, ‘Bapuji is crying.’ I don’t cry. Tears floe from the eyes of many saints Morari Bapu, Dongareji Maharaj and others in devotional love for the Lord or in empathically feeling somebody’s pain, but we people are not used to crying like cowards, like people stuck in the quagmire of attachment and delusio0n or like wily people. Our heart is not made of stone. It is made of stuff that melts quickly. Some people present it before the people in a distorted manner. They themselves are discredited thereby and lose their credibility. So far as I am concerned, my devotees know me.

Somebody asked me, “Bapu! What now?”

I said, “Guru Nanak wanted to retire to solitude at the age of 60 years. I thought of relieving myself of public life at the age of 63 years. I want to take to solitude and remain engrossed in Self-Bliss.”

Those gentlemen say, “Bapuji says he is tired.”

Why should I get tired? How can I get tired? My job is not get tired but to relieve people of tiredness.

Like Guru Nanak disengaged him self from activity, I too slowly disengage from public contact and spend more time in Self-Bliss and the astral world. I am not the one to run away tired, defeated, despaired or dejected. I will make many people run away and get their due before I go. There is no cause for worry. Strong and fierce winds will come; much more than that may happen but this lamp will continue to glow.

These storms of envy and crookedness were raised against Buddha, Kabirji, Guru Nanak and others. The poet Goethe too was attacked. But saints say:

‘Obstructions cannot impede our progress.
Obstructions are born of us
not we of obstructions.’

Obstructions exist due to us, not that we exist due to them. Let the sādhakas and those engaged in service activities rest assured. Bapuji is neither tired nor defeated nor does He cry; Bapuji is here to convert the cries of the distressed into devotion, to light the lamp of hope in the despaired, to distribute Sain Lilashahji’s prasada among the people and to thereby make them satiated with Self-bliss.

No comments: