Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Satsng of Pujya Bapuji

By serving the jnani, his grace is bestowed upon us and his divine qualities are aroused in our internal organ readily. If I had not served my Gurudev (Swami Sri Leelashahj), would it have ever caused Him short age of age of any kind? Would it have obstructed any of His activities? No, I served Him for my benefits.

When I had gone to Maharaj Mahanirvana tithi: 7th November) my Gurudev, I was given a four feet wide, five feet high and 6 feet long cottage live in. the roof being low in height and a door that was small, the only way to enter the cottage was by stopping. I could not even fully stretch my legs inside in while sleeping. With whatever little money I had, I used to buy green grams and salt. Once in a day, I used to boil the green grams, add a little salt to it and drink it. Since the banging I had to go through this kind of forbearance. Except for the duration for which I used to boil green grams for my self, the rest of my time was devoted to serving my Gurudev.

I used to read to my Gurudev the letters sent by His devotees and send responses to these as per His instructions. I used to water the garden, wash utensils used for preparing food for the market and carry out other miscellaneous tasks. In the remaining time I used to meditate, contemplate on the Divine and listen to Gurudev’s satsang.

I always used to take utmost care not to do anything that may displease my Gurudev. In the presence of my Gurudev, I used to speak less, within limits and only as much as I was required to

Once Gurudev was in a jovial mood and I got a chance for some light humour. I asked Gurudev:

“Gurudev! The Gurubani says – ‘Maheshwara seeks the Brahmagiani, says Guru Nanak, the Brahmagiani is the supreme Lord Himself.’

Gurudev said: “Yes, that is true.”

I said “So has not, then should I go now and tell Him?”
Gurudev exclaimed: “shut up!”

Even now when I recall those sweet days, I ma overwhelmed with joy! The bliss that I used to experience at the holy feet of my Gurudev, aha, that can nowhere be obtained. O, how I along for those days when I was fortunate to listen to satsang at the holy feet of my Gurudev! It is much more blissful to sit at the holy feet of Gurudev than to be a Guru… more auspicious…more joyful.

No comments: