Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Key to Salvation

If one wants to get rid of all sorrows and troubles forever, then it cannot be done by consuming painkillers. One will have to approach a great man who is established in His own Self, in His Soham nature and has the ability to establish others in the same.

The sadhana of remaining established in Soham is the sadhana of liberation, of total eradication of all miseries forever, of attaining Supreme Bliss and of God-realization. Affirm and experience the following while combining ‘So……’ with the incoming breath and ‘Hum….’ With the outgoing breath. ‘I am the Consciousness which enables the eyes to see, the hands to move and which exists even after the death of the body. I am Peace Absolute, Important Atman, an indivisible part of God. I am becoming peaceful, immersing myself in the spirit of ‘I Am That (Soham). I am delving into that Soham nature from which my Gurudev has attained peace, bliss and spiritual might. I am becoming one with the nature of Guru; I am attaining communion with my Gurudev. I Am That; I am Consciousness Absolute, the Eternal Truth; I am the child of my adored Deity; I Am That ….Hence forth, I will not get oppressed by the wicked. I will rest assured in the conviction that my Satguru and God are not far from me, they are my own. I Am That…..”- this is the key to moksha, the master key to liberation and to the end of all sorrows. The nectar of bliss obtained thus will also help in eradicating diseases.

At night, while going to sleep practice japa of ‘Soham’ with awareness. When you wake up in the morning, become aware of the intonation of ‘Soham’ in your breath. You will hear ‘So..’ and ‘Hum….’ With the in-coming and out-going breaths respectively. This kind of japa goes on constantly. We have only forgotten it. Practice will rectify this mistake. The jiva practices ajapa japa throughout the day. If only this realization sets in, beatitude will be attained.

By the power of constant japa practiced mentally, Tirtharama became Ramatirtha. The best of sadhanas, which is easy and can be practiced by all, is mantra-japa (japa of the Lord’s name). Practice japa constantly so that you reach a stage wherein the incantation goes on automatically in the heart without involving the movement of the lips or the tongue. Let the mind keep contemplating the meaning of the mantra. If one becomes immersed in the meaning of the mantra through the practice of japa and if the mind gets a taste of it, it will engage itself in the mantra on its own-God will be revealed to us as our own effulgent Self. There is no delay on the part of God. One will experience divine bliss, sweetness and inspiration without any effort in a joyful and playful way.

There is no prohibition to earning money, having medicines or making merry. I would say there is no prohibition even to being despondent or sorrowful, but transform your despondency and sorrow into yoga. Do not cling to anything. Do not cling to wealth, it will not stay. Do not cling to lust; do not cling to anger; do not cling to praise or criticism as these are fleeting while you are eternal. Do not cling to the body as it will become old and die. If you rest assured in the firm conviction that you are immortal, the world will be a pleasure garden, an abode of bliss for you.

Blesssed are those human beings who avail themselves of the holy company of saints, who have reposed in their Self, learn such keys that are useful for life by listening to satsang and put them into practice to make their life blissful. This brings not only material prosperity but also spiritual evolution in their lives. Sooner or later, they realize the Supreme Brahman as a witness within themselves. They wake up to their real Nature ‘Soham’.

No comments: