Friday, April 10, 2009

Eyesight Restored with Pujya Bapuji’s Grace!

A thousand salutations to Pujya Gurudev!

Our entire family has been initiated by Pujya Bapuji. I am working as a teacher in Muzaffarpur (Bihar). My daughter-in-law and I are running a Bal Sanskar Kendra with the pious inspiration from Gurudev and are also engaged in the distribution of Rishi Prasad.

A few months age, I suddenly felt that I was not able to see with my left eye. My children consulted renowned doctors but all of them unanimously pronounced that the eyesight was gone forever. I had full faith in my Gurudev’s grace. I went to Rajokari, Delhi Ashram for Bapuji’s darshan and willed to have Darshan of Pujya Bapuji with both eyes next time. From there, I went to Karol Bagh ashram and put the pious Barhdada water in my eyes. Remembering Gurudev, I circumambulated the Barhdada 108 recitations of ‘Sri Asaramayana’. On the eleventh day, I had a vision of a divine light and my eyesight came back.

I went to Amdavad ashram and had the Darshan of Pujyashri, who restored my eyesight.

I went to Amdavad Ashram and had the Darshan of Pujyashri, who restored my eyesight.

A Guru is one from whom one can learn something new that one does not know. Therefore a man can consider any person to be his Guru. From this point of view, Dattatreya had twenty-four Gurus.

Satgurus, as such, are absolutely unique from all such Gurus. They know the path to the Truth Personified Supreme self. This is why people consider and worship them as the Supreme Guru and surrender everything at their holy feet; because the priceless treasure that is acquired from them makes all worldly achievements utterly insignificant.

It is only the Satguru who brings about the union with God. He liberates the disciple from all his afflictions and is therefore greater than God in the eyes of the disciple. This is why the scriptures and Saints have profusely sung the glory of a Satguru and declared that God-realization is very difficult or impossible without surrendering to the Satguru.

Only an experienced guide like the Satguru can pilot a disciple through the difficult terrain of Maya to reach the ultimate Goal. No amount of devotion, worship or obeisances can ever repay the debt to the Satguru.

A person who is antagonistic towards such a Satguru is destined for hell. Who can be more foolish and unfortunate than he who does not surrender to such a Satguru?

No comments: