Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Request not to Hurt the Feelings of Devotees!

“I, Ajay Sharma, am living in the Ashram and are engaged in the divine work of uplifting the society. I am deeply hurt by the aspersions cast by my mother. I did CA (final -I), ICWA (inter), B Com (Hons.) from Delhi. I, of my own accord and after careful consideration, have been living happily and peacefully in Pujya Bapuji’s Ashram for the last 12 years. No hypnotism or tantra is being practiced here. I would not have stayed even for a minute if these things had been practiced over here. The Ashram people have not kept me in illegal confinement; rather, my people at home had done so. Once with the help of other family members and later with the help of some ruffians, they kidnapped me. First time I was locked up in a room, but I managed to escape from there. The second time I was fettered with a chain used for typing cattle. When I was successful in coning back to the Ashram even this time, my people now want to bind me with the fetters of marriage at the age of 40, which is totally unacceptable to me.

“Pujya Bapuji sent me home twice, and on the second occasion when I didn’t leave for home on the day I was told to, Pujya Bapuji admonished me the next day. I want to spend the whole of my life at revered Bapuji’s pious feet. I was mentally tortured by my family members beyond all limits. For a long time I have been tolerating all this. Now it has become unbearable. If somebody is free to choose an engineering or medical profession as his career, why should anybody have any objections to my choosing social service as the goal of my life?

“If I had gone abroad to earn money and had been remitting money to my people, it would have been acceptable to them, but my working for social service, national service, self-contentment and self-improvement is objected to by them. I would like to appeal to all to spare some time from their busy lives and experience the spiritual atmosphere here. You will realize how you have been wasting your life, giving it away for pebbles while it is worthy of the most precious jewels on earth.

“Great spiritual principles that are supremely beneficial and life-giving, which one only gets to read in the Gita, Ramayan and Srimad Bhagwat, are experienced living in the Ashram. I consider myself to be extremely fortunate and blessed. While participating in altruistic activities like bhandaras for the poor, Baal Samskar Kendras, de-addiction campaigns, distr8ibution of food-grains and clothes among the society, carried out under the inspirational guidance of Pujya Bapuji. Along with this, I am proceeding on the path to God-realization. To me, it is the most invaluable opportunity one can have in human life. I pray to all not to become part of the conspiracy to tarnish the image of Pujya Bapuji and the Ashram on this count, and to refrain from hurting the feelings of crores of devotees.

No comments: