Saturday, October 18, 2008

…So That You Become Alert

I live in my Jakarta, Indonesia. My previous name was Robert Solomon. Till 1997, I was a Father of Christian missionary and I was also a missionary, spreading Christianity. In August 1997, the church sent me to India to get more information about the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, (R.S.S.) and associated organization. Prior to this, I did not know about Hindu philosophy or Hindu thought and therefore did not believe in it. I was ignorant of Hindu culture. Being sent by the church, for two years I studied Hindu philosophy and Hindu thought.
.
After that, I came to the conclusion that India is a Hindu nation and the whole world needs guidance from India.
My mind and body are imbued
with the spirit of Hinduism
This spirit pervades every
never of my body
The soil of this land
is sacred as sandalwood.
Every valley resounds with the words,
‘Who can fight us?
Who is stronger than the
dscendants of Rama?’
Why are Hindus converted? Because they do not retort. Now, I am engaged in social service by propagating Hindu culture. The name ‘Asaram’ in itself is a holy name. A foolhardy attempt has been made to make allegation against our Sant Parampara. The words that have been used for Bapuji are extremely insulting.

I would like to make you aware of some of the agendas of Christian missionaries so that you may become alert. The main purpose of these missionaries is to control Indian politics. This is the reason why we are being attacked repeatedly. This is being done in the name of social service and thought some convent schools.
‘With great difficulty,
India has got her freedom.
We will not lose this freedom.
We will not forgive the
traitors living in the nation.’
GLOSSARY
Om – the pranava-pronounced as ‘Aum’, it is the monosyllabic personification of the Supreme Being.

ā – this is pronounced as ‘aa’ like in archanā, which is pronounced as archanaa.

Aghori – a class of mendicants who worship Lord Shiva; they eat anything and everything however filthy.

Bhajan – a devotional song.

Bhandārā – a community feast followed by distribution of utilizes and cash.

Darshana – to be blessed by the sight or the presence of a saint, sage or deity.

Dhātu – a basic constituent element of the body.

Jivanmukta – one who is liberated while still embodied.

Manorāja – thoughts running in the subconscious mind

Pandāl – a large canopy

Paramparā – tradition

Samskāra – inherent tendency; impressions left in the mind after any experience, often those brought over from former births.

Satsanga – pious discourse and company of a saint.

Sādhaka – an aspirant on the spiritual path.
Sādhanā – spiritual endeavour.

No comments: