Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Satguru –The Only Supreme Benefactor in the World

Espousing the benignity of Sri Satgurudev in the tenth chapter of ‘Jnaneshwarji Geeta’ Saint Sri Jnaneshwarji Maharaj relates:

O My Revered Gurudev! Only your majesty is competent of bestowing the realization of the ultimate truth upon a being. You are the evolution of the lotus of true knowledge. Your divine radiance annihilates the ignorance of this mundane world. Your form is limitless. Your power is infinite. I bow unto thy Lotus feet!

You are the benefactor of the entire universe. You are the cornucopia of jewels that is symbolic of beneficent auspiciousness. You are the aromatic fragrance sandalwood realm of nobility. You are the only god worthy idolization. As the moon placates and pacifies a Himalayan partridge, exactly in the same manner, you appease the quest of sagacious being with the nectar of supreme knowledge.

O my Satgurudev! You are an ocean of elixir drawn from the knowledge of revered scriptures. You earnestly destroy the intense desire of passion in beings that in turn is responsible for the dissolution of the entire conscious world. Therefore my revered Gurudev, I pay my obeisance to you. You are the devastator of the coliseum of the world in which being wonder like an arrogant elephant. Therefore I reverently bow before thee!

When your benevolent world shower their compassion on a dumb person, they can make him competent enough to debate resolutely with Lord Brihaspati, the refulgence of your gaze or the affable touch of your blissful hand bestows upon beings the ultimate realization of the True Self.

How can I, with limited tools of worlds even dare to describe my Gurudev whose deeds are so overwhelming & stupendous? Can anyone smear the sun with sandalwood paste? How far can the ‘Kalpvriksh’ (a mythological plant that is supposed to grant all desires) be adorned with blossoms? How can anyone dare to extend his hospitality to ‘the ocean of milk) by serving it delicacies? Can sandalwood be smeared with any other paste? Can the sky be uplift further by any means? Exactly in the same manner, no method could be deemed capable enough for precisely estimating Revered Satgurudev’s benevolent deeds, and above all, from where could we find such an instrument?

After deliberate reflection of all these facts and without any gabbiness, I’ve reverently surrendered myself at the lotus feet of my adorable ‘Satgurudev.’ If anyone has the audacity to proclaim vaingloriously that he possesses the acumen of given an accurate account of Sri Satgurudev’s power and competence, I believe this to be analogous to that of covering a gleaming pearl with a coating of mica. Evan such a one’s invocation of Sri Gurudev would be similar to that of gilding pure gold with silver coating. So, it is prudent to surrender oneself quietly at reverent Satgurudev’s adorable feet.

My intellect, which was earlier dominated by certain corporeal conception, now by your divine grace, has turned into Elysium Bliss. How can I dare to express the virtuous deeds of my revered Gurudev when they are all so phenomenal, infinite and transcendental? Still, somehow I’ve ventured to espouse a few of them. O my adorable Gurudev, I humbly seek thy remission for my impudence.

No comments: