Saturday, October 24, 2009

How to tread the path of Spirituality

A spiritual seeker once asked pujya Liashahji Maharaj “I feel strong desire to treed the path towards God but my not assist me. What should I do?”
Santshree replied, Have the desire for maukti (liberation).”
The seeker replied, but my worldly desires and cravings do not get erased.”
Santshree repled If your desires and cravings do not away then do not worry. Replace worldly desires with the desire to attain God. Daily repeat very loudly this firm resolves Like King Janaka; I will realize the Self in this very birth. Deavrat (Bhisham Pitamah) resolved loudly that Gandharvas Listen. Devateas (gods) listen. Yakshas and Kinnaras Listen. Rakashasa (demons) Listen. I the son of Shantanu take the vow that I will observe absolute celibacy that I will never marry never …. Never.
“In the same way you too loudly repeat your pious resolve alone in a room; I will establish myself in the soul in this very birth. I am the disciple of my Guru like father like son… I will also attain self realization in this birth in this manner read these pious resolutions.
“Do not insist on anything else in life. Insistence is more harmful then unfavorable stars. Whatever comes to you, whether it is simple or delicious food.
Whatever you get to put on accept it keeping in mind the health of the body and piety of the mind. Do not in sit that This is what should happy…. That is how I should become If your wish does not get fulfilled, your insistence will to agitation and unrest in your mind. Simultaneously it will also fill your mind and intellect with attachment conceit affections and aversions. It is this insistence only that pushes one into this insistence only that pushes one into eighty four lakh lives. So do not hold on to any insistence. To overcome all kinds of resolves just hold on to one Come what may I will attain divine bliss wisdom and peace in this very birth and live as a liberated soul.’
In this manner freeing the mind of all negative resolves and holding on to just one of God realization you’re spitual I am the soul. Just as if a millionaire firmly visualizes himself as a pauper he will start considering himself as one. However if he visualizes himself as a millionaire he will start regarding himself as millionaire.
“In the same way contemplate and think of yourself as the soul. Every morning in solitude determine I ma Brahman, I am eternal; I am the Consciousness I am liberated and I am the Truth’ However be careful not to visullixe yourself as a Mar air or Sindhi or Gujarati or Punjabi or even that your are happy or sad. This false belief will make you sad and perturbed, instead of being happy. These fallacious samskaras will push you into cycle of birth and death.
“Search for the means of peace and happens in this birth and think as to what your should do to achieve that state. This does not mean this you approach a saint and plead Sai Change my wife nature O Brother Change your own nature change your understanding. Suppose your wife’s temperament does change, than you will plead the same for your enemy and so on. Instead why don’t you change and change yourself? Why don’ you withdraw why do you want tog et more involved and stuck with them.
“Rather then insisting on obtaining things and circumstance as per your desire accept what I and progress towards the path of liberation. You do not want to bring an end to your sorrow. What is your folly? It is the wish to change the world, your wife your husband your son your friends your servant as per your imagination and become happy this itself is your folly. No ever been able to find peace and happiness this way. The only way to happiness is to firmly establish the remembrance of your True self. In this manner by repeating these ours an true resolves regularly by quitting the resolves based on your desires and tendencies and by remembering your True self, Your spiritual path will be simplified.”
* The feelings of sorrow and attachment stem form the imposition of different attributes on different people. When one considers a person to be his enemy, naturally one’s heart is filled with anger an hatred. On the other hand, when one sees another person as a bestower of happiness and loves one’s heart is invariably filled with attachment. When perceives the indivisible self in all beings regards them as manifestation of the same God loves them as himself them all delusion and sorrow vanish and one remins ever joyful. He has no enemy or fined in the world. No one can harm him. Even the most venomous snakes abandon their wild nature n his presence.


No comments: