Monday, October 19, 2009

The Message of Silence

-Mahatma Gandhi
I had gone to see a monastery in South Africa. Most of the inmates over there were observing a vow of silence. I asked the chief administrator of the monastery, “What is the reason behind this? He said the reason is clear. We will never hear that constant subtle within us if we speak continuously.”
I understood the precious lesson. I know the secret of silence. A taciturn person will hardly be thoughtless while speaking. He will weigh each and every word. Many people are seen to be very eager to talk If we agitated should were to understand the importance of silence then half the troubles of the world will be solved. Before the attack of modern civilization on us we used to get at least 6 to 8 hours but of 24 for silence. Modern civilization has taught us to convert night into day and precious silence into useless din and uproar. How great it world be if for at least a couple of ours every day we take recourse to the voice of great silence within us. If were are ready to listen the divine radio is always singing within us but without silica it is impossible to hear it.
For me silence as now becomes both a physical and sportily necessity. In the beginning it was a means to relieve the street to work. Besides that I wanted time to write but after a few days of practice, I realized its spiritual value. A thought flashed across my mind that this is the time when I can eatable a god rapport with the lord.
For a seeker of truth like me silence is of great help. The soul can see its path clearly during silence and everything starts looking crystal clear which otherwise would have been difficult to grasp or possibly misunderstood. Out life is a search for truth and the soul needs inner repose and peace to reach the peak of its greatness.
Never think I will please this or that god by offering flowers the gods are never pleased by flattery nor has God crated you to flatter any body. We go to temples an flatter God that is the reason why our going to temples bears no fruit it is very clear. We flatter God “Thou are my mother and father” Then we look here and there and again, “Thou are my brother and friend, thou are wisdom and wealth. The we look toward our shoes tonsure that they are not stolen and continue, Thou are my All in All This is not Bhakti brother!
The consciousness which dwells in Mother is You, O Lord this has to Understanding isn’t this mere flattery? The consciousness which dwells in the primal God of gods are al none but you we should understand this and repose in God.

No comments: