Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pranavvad: The Scripture expounding the magnificence of (OM)kar

There was a Brahmin named Dhanraj who was blind. He became a sadhu. In kasha city, there lived a doctor namely Bhagvandas who was very pious and religious. Dhanraj visited his clinic and greeted him with Namo Naraynye. He further said, ‘’Dr. Sahib, I’ m hungry. Can I get some food from your house taday?’’

‘’panditji, was please wait for a while.’’

His house was located behind the clinic. The doctor went inside the house to ask his wife for food. She said, ‘’After having a bath I’ ve just entered the kitchen. It will take about an hour to cook food.’’

The doctor came back to the clinic and said, ‘’panditji! Would you please roam around for some time? After about an hour you’’ ll surely get food at my place."

‘’where will I keep loitering around for an hour? I’ d rather wait here. It would be bet-ter if you could provide me some place to sitter if you provide me some place to sit here in you clinic.’’

‘’Alright! Kindly feel comfortable.’’ So panditji settled himself there. Furthering the conversation the doctor said, ‘’I’ ve heard about the glory of kar’. Do you have some idea about the same?’’

‘’Of course yes! The orign of the word kar is inherently and fundamentally from the Supreme Lord and it has not been created by any human being. All other words originate by means of impact but this majestic word with mysterious sound is born from within and comes naturally and intrinsically.’’

The great sage expounded the majesty of (OM)kar’ so extensively that doctor was wonder-struck and said, ‘’So enormous is the grandeur of (OM) kar!’’

‘’Definitely! Not to talk of me, Rishi Gargyayan has perfectly elucidated this majestic word in a scripture."
"From where can I acquire that grand scripture?’’

‘’No, you can’t; it is unavailable.’’

"But then you have been reciting verses from the same."

"Yes! Earlier that holy book was available. I’ m speaking on the basis of the same."

The doctor made it a practice to interact with panditji almost and consequently both of them drew closer to each other. The doctor implored, ‘’May I call in a scholar to pen down your oral verses?’’

‘’As you wish, the mahatma replied.

So he kept on reciting the verses and the scholar penned them down. And that sight less great soul recited them down. And that sight-less great soul rected as many as twenty two thousand verses.

The Theosophical Society has shown reverence to that grand scripture of twenty two thousand verses ‘pranavvad’ by keeping it in their library.

No comments: