Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Marks of a Slave

A blissful abandoned saint by the name of Bayajid was remind in the woods. The incident relates to the period of slave trade. A gang eight dacoits espied him and thought, if we are able to catch this robust and sturdy man we can sell him for a good price. Let us capture him, they went him. As they did so, their courage failed them thought they were eight and the saint was alone.
The saints said, yes brother What is the matter? When I am fearless why are you afraid?”
They said,” we are afraid of you”
You are eight and I am alone. I will do you no harm in any case. Come near me and tell me what the matter is. “
“Well…”
“Yes, yes tell me what you want.”
“We are robbers dacoits we commit dacoities. WE capture men and them sell them. This is our calling. We have come to capture you but are afraid of you.
“There is no need to fear. Capture me.”
“We want to make you a slave. We will sell you.”
Interesting To become or not to become a slave is in my hands for I am the master of my mind. It doesn’t matter if I act s a slave for a while. Ok I become a salve. Now what do you want me to do?”
We will ensure you with a rope and drag you.”
The rope is required if I refuse to go. I am ready to go wherever you want me to.
The men were astonished, what a strange fellow so far even the weakest of our victims has resisted beiges captured. This is the first one that is ready to do what we want?
Enlightened men become adaptable to all. Now the saint is going ahead of them and they are following him. Bayajid was brought to the market and made to stand on the platform. Those who wanted to buy slaves gathered there. People were mesmerised to see the saint. The dacoits shouted Makes a bid …. Such a sturdy slave makes a bid…. Come on make a bid… but nobody came forward to bid. Everybody liked the saint but none dared to did for him. If takes a lot of courage to but an enlightened saint. Finally Bayajid said Is there any salve who wants who wants to but this master?”
The Wight dacoits said what are you saying? We have made you a slave. Why do you pronounce yourself to be a master? Do you want to ruin our business?”
People asked, see what he is saying?”
The saint I am speaking the truth. Is there any slave who wants to buy a master.?
There was no bidder. Not ever two paisa were offered for him. The enlightened one cannot be sold for any amount he is priceless. People asked what the story is.
Bayajid said what story? Ask them who the slave is. I am the master I walked ahead of them. They are slaves they followed me. They are afraid of me: I never feared them. Who fears I am feeless. They are slaves; I am the master. The master is seated high; the salves are below him. By this logic as well they are salves. Is there any slave who wants to buy this master?”
Finally the dacoits had to beg pardon of saint. Who can bind the one who is not bound by his mind? Who can enslave one who is master of himself? What more can we say about such great men? Perceive the glory of such saint by what little is said.
The message sought to be conveyed by this story is that you have been endowed with human birth to attain enlightenment. You have not come to this world to toil and get exhausted. The human birth has been given to you to get delivered from the bondage of birth and death and this knowledge is obtained thoughts satsang.
But man becomes a slave to his desires and takes vows a holy place but to come to the holy waters of satsang is better than even staying at holy places. Better still are those who like to listen to satsang again and again whose ears are like oceans which ears are like oceans which are not sailed even with water of satsang continuously flowing into them. Better than such people are those who get pace form satsang an among them they are better whose minds have repose forever in the supreme self. They are enlightened souls, Janis.

No comments: