Friday, June 18, 2010

Except Devotional Practices

Saroj was ascending the stairs to the temple, absorbed in deep thoughts. Suddenly she felt as if someone was calling her. She tuned back to find her satsang mate kanta. Kanta came near her and sad, for last several days you are not attending satsang. Had you been out these days. Saroj said I have been suffering from unremitting fever since last Tuesday. Moreover our servant Ramu has gone to his village. He was of great help. He would at least wash utensils clothes, etc. and would fetch vegetables etc. from the household chores a one. I send the children to school after giving them breakfast. My husband goes to office at 9:00 AM. I sweep the house clean the utensils and wash the clothes. As I get a little times to relax, the children return home. Then I serve them food I help them in their homework etc. Thus the times fleets. At night same drudgery cooking meals serving it… When at last at 10,o clock this vehicle get relief. This last one and half week was really tough. Ramu also went during these days.

Listening to Kanta story Saroj turned a bit serious and said, yes sister the treadmill of householder’s life is like this. We do not like doing it and we cannot abandon it. But sister even we are not completely faultless, There are many great households devotees also. They also have children relatives just as we have but still they give more importance to devotional practices. We people on the others hand remain entangled in the household chores and when we get some spare time we are not in a mood to meditate on God. Take for example your own self. Your servant was not there and on top of that you had fever still you carried out all the household works excepts devotional practices.”

Talking thus they reached the door of the temple and afar paying salutation to lord sir Radha Mahav they entered the satsang hall.
When the satsang was over all the listeners happily went off to their homes but the last sentence told by kanta reverberated in Saroj eras except devotional practices she pondered yes she sir right. In fact during those days of illness which household work I didn’t perform? Served food to the whole family, helped the children in there home work. On the arrival of guests I somehow to show hospitality and I myself took meals 2-3 times a day. I did everything excepts practices the words of the devotes surdas echoed in her ears:
“Who is as devious and vile as l am I forgot the one who gave me this body I ma such an ungrateful wretch.’
This human body has been gifted to us for devotional practices but man fritters away a his precious time in flutes activisms worthless takes and is filet with no times for meditation of God. None of the persons on whom he wasted up al his life, accompanies him at the time of death and he goes empty handed. Man uses up and he goes empty handed. Man uses up,

1 comment:

侑柔 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.