Sunday, August 16, 2009

A New Life without Death

A thief committed theft in king’s palace. When the sepoys came to know about this they followed his footprints and reached the outskirts of the city. They found his footprints towards a nearby village. On reaching the village they saw a huge gathering listening to saint’s discourse. The thief’s footprints too went in the same direction indicating his presence among the gathering. They stood three writhing for him.
In the discourse, the saint said, one who sincerely seeks refuge in God I forging by God for all his sins. The Lord says in the Gait
Abandoning all duties take refuge in me alone I will liberate you from all Sind; grieve not. In the the Valmiki Ramayana it is said.
He who seeks refuge in me even once and says I am your and begs protection from Me, I grant him fearlessness from all beings this is my promise.’
While elaborating in this the saint said on who seeks refuge in God gets a new lease of life. He is longer a sinner but a saint.
‘Even If the most sinful worship me with an unwavering devotion he too should indeed be regarded as ‘righteous’, for he has rightly resolved.
The thief was sitting there listening to all this. The discourse had a great influence on him. He made a firm resolve right there, I will never a teal again. I belong to God when the discourse ended, the people started coming out. The sepoys were looking or the thief foot prints. When the thief came out they recognized his footprints. They arrested him and presented him before the king.
The thief said confidently, Your Highness I never stole in this life.
The sepoys said, Your Highness He is lying. We have matched his footprints. It clearly proves that he verily is the thief. The king ordered that the thief be tested to find out if he was saying the truth or lying.
Two and a half leaves of the holy fig tree were placed on the thief hand and tied with a thread. A picas of red hot had getting burnt even the leaves and thread remained intact. The spot where Theydon piece later laced on was charred. The king thought he has really not committed the thief he is imminent.
The king was now very displeased with the sepoys. He said you people have made fales allegations against an innocent man. You will be punished for that. Hearing this, the thief said NO your Highnesses don’t punish them. It is not their fault. It is verily I was has committed the theft.The king thought, He is a saintly person and therefore taking the blame upon himself to lave the sepoys from punishment.
He said, you are saying this out of compassion to save these sepoys from punishment, but I will not spare them.
The thief said, Your Highness I am not laying. It is I who committed the theft. If you don’t believe me you may send your men with me. I will have hidden it and show it to you.
The king sent his men with the thief, who lad them to the spot where had hidden the wealth. He brought it and placed it before the King, who was greatly astonished.
The king said, I fit was you who had stole it then how came your who had stolen tit, then how came your hand didn’t get burnt the test? Your hand escaped being burnt and you have also brought the stole wealth. I am unable to understand this paradox. Tell me, what the truth?
The thief said, you highness After stealing the wealth, Hid it in the horst and went to the village, where at one place there was a spiritual discourse being delivered. I joined the gathering. I heard in the course of the discourse, one who takes refuge in God frees him form al hissings. He gets a new lease of life. These words had there effect on me and Image a firm resolve, I will never commit thief. Now I belong to God I have got a new life since then. I have not committed any theft in this new life. That is why my hands were not burnt. The theft committed in your palace was done by me in my previous life.
How divine is the effect of satang just a few, moments of satang transformed the thief’s life. Good sense prevailed upon him and he becomes a righteous and virtuous soul. By virtue of his firm faith in the words of satang, the thief passed even the severe test, and his life was transformed. Not only the king was impeded with the thief bout even his subjects honored him; and trading the path God, he also went on to attain the supreme sate by God’s grace. Sassing transforms even the most sinful into a virtuous soul. One who does not have satang inline is bound to fall into bad company. Such person indigos in evil and falls into the pit of degeneration; but satang redeems a person and make him great. Such is the great power of satang.
Continued from page32----------------------------------------
On 21st and 22nd June in the land of Lord Shiva Kashi or Varanasi, the public felt tremendous gratitude on having attended a satang that elevated then to their very own Shiva consciousness.Satsangis arrived in such large numbers that not oily did the shamiyana fall short but even the entire ground proved to be too small. Highlighting the broad minded generous principle of vasudhaiva Kutumbakm. The whole universe is one family of our divine, value based, unchanging and supremely salubrioussulture pujya Bapuji, the sun and the moon belong to all sol also God and God i=belong saints belong to all.
“All are you: you belong to all. Cut down these distances between your hearts”
O God diver of Bliss Bless us with wisdom.
Deliver us from all our vices quickly.
May we never utter, even by mistake,
Slander against anyone.
May we never be jealous?
Even by mistake none.
May we speak the truth?
Give up falsehood and establish bonds among us.
May we lead divine life and sing about your glory.

O God Giver of Bliss.

No comments: